Friday, February 20, 2009

A New Start

Today is Friday and a new start. Our kids are healthy after a long couple of weeks of fevers and cough. But now we are ready to enjoy the end of winter, as much as you can in Minnesota. I'm always looking ahead and can't wait for spring to arrive.

Some history on our family, we have 3 children--Nicholas 9 years, Grace 7 years and Nathan 4 years old. The two boys were diagnosed with PDD-NOS both at young ages. We are fortunate that we are able to provide them with the therapy they need. As the number of children diagnosed continues to grow, I've come to realize that I was given this gift to make a difference. I'm still trying to figure out what my role will be, I'm starting off slowly by trying to build awareness. This is not an easy task for me, since I am a very private person and like to take care of things myself. But what I have learned so far is it's ok to ask for help and I have a lot of wonderful people around me that offer support.

Happy Friday and Happy New Beginnings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment